Deputy Fund Manager (TVI New investments)
Department: Technology Venture Investments
To provide team management support for the Technology
Venture Investments Director, together with leadership and guidance
for Technology Venture Team Investment Executives.
Specific responsibility for leading on business
development, focusing on new deal generation and the development of
coinvestment relationships to support the Technology Venture
To be responsible for the generation and appraisal of
applications for investments. Preparing reports where appropriate,
recommending and presenting investment propositions to the TVI
Director, Investment Director and Investment Committee.
The Senior Investment Executive will also responsible for
the monitoring, development and realisation of their respective
investment portfolio of fast growth, IP rich, technology based
Main Duties and
- Contribute to the operation of the Fund as a senior
professional fund provider of risk capital to start-up and existing
businesses, in accordance with the investment operating guidelines,
and the terms of approval of the National Assembly and the European
Regional Development Fund (ERDF) .
- Assist with the development and management of systems and
procedures as specified in the funds investment operating
- Line management responsibility for sub team of Investment
- Monitor their respective TVI portfolio, attending Boards
as observer and facilitating the appointment of NEDS and the
strengthening of the executive teams as necessary. Where
appropriate, place follow on investment in portfolio companies
following the achievement of planned critical
- Manage and motivate other team members, providing
investment training/guidance where required. Assist Investment
Executives with the structuring of challenging investments and
expedient processing of deal completions.
- Deputise for the Director of Technology Venture
Investments at Fund Managers meetings and other senior management
commitments as appropriate, including the exercise of discretionary
powers. Act with full delegated authority within limits authorised
for a Deputy Fund Manager
- Responsible for the appraisal and sanctioning of
investments up to £250k in line with Investment Operating
- Develop and maintain a network of co-investors from the
angel community, institutional investors and corporate investors,
to support the investment activities of the Technology Ventures
- To maintain and develop technical and industry specific
knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment
- Assess applications for funding, conducting appropriate
due diligence and preparing necessary reports to the Technology
Venture Director, Investment Director and Investment
- Build, develop and maintain a network of contacts able to
provide leads and deal flow for the Fund.
- Assist the Technology Venture Investment Director to
input specialist advice and guidance to Finance Wales Plc. for the
development of new financial products to address the gaps in
provision and meet the needs of businesses in Wales
- Undertake presentations, participate and represent the
Fund(s), where appropriate, at meetings, seminars, events and joint
- Assist in marketing/promoting the Fund(s) in conjunction
with the wider awareness raising of Finance Wales Plc.
- To attain set targets.
- Any other task as may be defined by the Technology
Venture Investments Director to meet the operational needs of the
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- A proven track record of completing complex structured
equity based investments in leading edge, technology, based
- Demonstrable experience of investment portfolio
management, ideally with a successful exit track
- Understanding of risk assessment and investment processes
- Demonstrable expertise in and knowledge of, key emerging
technology sectors, ideally, with a detailed understanding of the
wider ICT sector including – IOT, SAAS, digital media, telecoms,
e-commerce, data analytics, security software.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal
skills at board and team level.
- Experience of coaching and training team members and some
- Credible, able to negotiate with confidence and represent
Finance Wales in the local business community.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and motivate
- Able to work independently and as part of a
- Confident in own decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the public
sector in SME finance.
- Understanding of the regional business
- Presentation Skills.
- Welsh speaker.
- Driving license
- IT literate to include the use of Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Dynamics and SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Sage
To apply send your application form to: email@example.com