Loans up to £10,000
We offer a streamlined two-day application process for
£1,000 - £10,000 micro loans for businesses that have traded for
over two years
Eligible Welsh small and medium-sized businesses that have
traded for over two years can now take advantage of a two-day
application process for loans of between £1,000 and £10,000 from
the Welsh Government’s Wales Micro-business Loan Fund.
We filled in a simple form and they approved our application within 2 days. We were then able to purchase the costumes and we’ve already started hiring them out!
Marigold Costumes£5k loan for stock
Why Finance Wales?
Finance Wales has been backing small businesses in Wales
with finance for over 15 years. We can offer:
- Dedicated portfolio managers, whatever the size of your
- An open-minded approach - Finance Wales is here to
meet the gap where the private sector is unable to invest.
- A streamlined two-day application process with no business
plan required for businesses who meet the criteria.
To be considered for a loan with a two-day turnaround your
business will need to be:
- Based in Wales or willing to relocate.
- Trading for at least two years.
If your business is based in Wales but has
been trading for under two years you can still apply
for a micro loan using our general £1,000 - £50,000
If you are a social enterprise you can apply for
funding through WCVA.
£1,000 - £10,000 application form checklist
It shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to fill in
our application form and you’ll need to provide:
- Business details (name, address, company number).
- Details of the funding required and other sources of
- Last year's turnover, profit and balance sheet position.
- Personal details of all directors, shareholders >25% and
authorised signatories. Personal details include current and
previous address and Date of Birth and general disclosures on
business history and personal credit history.
- The person submitting the form will need authority from all
directors and shareholders to include this information and they
must be informed that this information will be passed by Finance
Wales to a credit reference agency to carry out personal and
business credit checks.
Our application process follows five simple steps:
- Complete our application form with all of the
information required and email it back to Finance Wales.
- An Investment Executive will get back to you within two
working days with a decision on your application.*
- If your application has been approved in principle, we will
require certified identification and address verification plus
a business bank statement no more than three months old.
- Subject to this information being satisfactory we will issue
- Upon receipt of the completed loan agreement and any associated
conditions we will provide you with the funds.
Once you have received your loans you
will have a dedicated portfolio manager as your point of
contact with Finance Wales going forward.
* In some cases additional information may be asked for before
making a decision.
Start your application today
Please apply on our new online application or if you prefer by
The form can take up to 30 minutes to
The form must completed in one session.
If your form is not completed, times out or other errors
occur during completion or submission, the data will not be
Please note you will need Adobe to access this
For Google Chrome and Firefox
users please download PDF to desktop and open in Adobe before
Please send your completed application form via email as
an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Wales Investments (10) Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for credit-related